- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
I'm very private and it is important to me that issues I talk about are confidential. Is my confidentiality completely protected?
Yes. By law I am bound to protect your confidentiality. The exceptions to this are related to child or elder abuse or a threat to harm another person. If you want to use a third party payer to pay for therapy it will be necessary to provide the information required by your insurance company which will likely include a diagnosis. If this is the case I will discuss with you what is disclosed to an insurer.
I am passionate about working with people to cultivate positive relationships with themselves because I believe this is the cornerstone to living a life that is meaningful and true to our unique natures.
I bring over 30 years of experience as a therapist, a background in theatre, a deep interest in spiritual development, a love of humor, a curious nature, a compassionate heart and a deep regard for honesty - even if I find it challenging or disturbing. While I enjoy learning new approaches and current thinking in my field, I don't much follow the theoretical maps that once informed my work; instead as I carefully listen to you I allow myself to be guided by my instincts, intellect, body and heart - not necessarily in that order!