Relationship Issues Therapist
Are you having difficulty dealing with relationship issues?
How is your relationship life? I'm asking about your connections with friends, family, romantic partners and spouses ... or the lack thereof.
To fully love and be loved are two of the deepest yearnings we have. So why are they so difficult to satisfy? Why doesn't love always flow back and forth easily and naturally? The short answer is that we are wired to avoid pain or adapt to painful situations in the most self-protective way possible. The good news is that we are also wired to connect. Sometimes our most valued relationships get caught in the crossfire of these two fundamental instincts.
Here are some examples of being caught in the crossfire. Can you relate to any of them?
- You feel lonely because of tension or distance in your relationship(s).
- You are a fixer or pleaser, yet it doesn't feel like anyone is trying to please or help you.
- Your irritation with others either pushes them away and causes you to feel guilty and alone.
- You withhold relevant communications from important people in your life.
- You crave a quality of love and affection that doesn't seem to be available.
- You are lonely because of a lack of close friends.
- You have been wanting a romantic relationship with someone special for a while and can't figure out what the hold up is.
- You tend to attract and be attracted to the wrong people and stay in those relationships too long.
If you relate to any of these issues, you are not alone. Loving, supportive relationships require some qualities and skills that we might not have acquired out of the gate. The good news is that they can be learned and cultivated. Some of these include emotional intelligence, communication skills, a sense of inner security and self-worth, and self-awareness and understanding.
If you want to build on your capacity to create good relationships in your life, I would love to speak to you. Let's talk and see if i can help.
*If you are in a marriage or committed relationship and there are difficulties between the two of you, please check out the Marriage and Relationship Counseling page.
Therapy, Psychotherapy & Counseling - Licensed and Caring
- Creates safety
- Is a licensed therapist
- Has over 30 years of experience
- Works collaboratively with you
- Protects your confidentiality
- Offers a free 20 minute phone consultation
How do I get started?
Take some time to contemplate your situation. If you feel that you would like to meet me and see if therapy might be helpful for you, I will be happy to provide you a 20 minute phone consultation so that I can get a sense of your needs, answer your questions and provide you with some information about how I work.
If you'd like to speak with me or make an appointment, please call at 707-792-2654.